Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

Dave wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
How many of you use a five gallon plastic bucket for a ladder? I know
it's not such a good idea, and I cringe when I see someone else do it,
from being a safety professional and suffering from the hypervigilance of
PTSD. And yet, I just did it, and with little reservation. I have seen
people "walk" these remarkable distances, and use them quite adroitly. I
also have heard tales of woe and steel pins and screws. And yet, if I
need to do something straight up, and all I need is a foot or two, I grab
a bucket, because I can never find the damn ladder.

Steve

Sorry, I used either a two-step plastic folding thing that is weight-tested
for my mass, or a three step metal folding step ladder with similar promise
of strength, or the real thing, depending on which one suits my needs of the
moment. Plastic buckets are not a good idea, and neither are milk crates.
When you fall after 40 you no longer bounce back up, you just lay there and
ring. And I am pushing 50, only a few months away.

My $.02. YMMV

Dave

Oh, hell! I was YOUNG when I was 50 )