Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Coffee's For Closers[_2_] Coffee's For Closers[_2_] is offline

Default Usenet spam: Postings that promote generic products over brand names

In article ,
says...

Last time on misc.consumers, Bert Hyman said:

In New Guy wrote:

the (strangely-named) news.eternal-september.org

Not strange at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

So when motzarella.org chose its new name, what message was it trying
to send? Is it marketing itself a gateway for clueless USENET newbies?

My initial interpretation was the opposite. I had figured that
it was about the American school break ending. So that,
teenagers have to go back to class, and have less time to sit at
home, trolling Usenet.

OTOH, the Wikipedia article sounds reasonable, so maybe the name
is just about inviting lots and lots of new users. My own use of
the service started because my regular ISP dropped Usenet some
time ago, and I am in an area with limited options. Plus, I
don't feel any great need for binary groups that are only listed
on paid feeds.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/