Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Home Inspection?

In article , Yadda wrote:
Howdy, how would I go about hiring someone to inspect possible
design/structural problems? I don't want to hire a home inspector as
such as I have heard it is better to hire a construction
engineer(?)...

Look in the Yellow Pages under "Home Inspectors". If you find someone with the
letters "P.E." (Professional Engineer) after his name, that's the guy you want
to hire. Otherwise, try calling a few architects, and ask them to recommend
someone.

If you happen to live in the Indianapolis area, I can recommend one for you.
No, it's not my brother-in-law or anything like that.