Posted to alt.home.repair
JimmyDahGeek JimmyDahGeek is offline

Default Help to mount light on metal pole barn

On Sep 28, 8:59*am, stryped wrote:
I planned to use a motion detector with the two flood lights centered
above my garage door. I started cutting thinking I would put a plastic
box behind the metal siding inside the garage. However, being centered
it is over a raised rib where two panels meet and it looks like I made
a mess. It was hard to cut and I just stopped. Any ideas on how to
properly mount this light and make it look ok and not leak?

Why not use a double metal box. cut a couple of 5/4" wolmanized
boards to fit on both side of the rib. glue and screw the boards to
the box and the siding.