Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

Charlie Self wrote:
On Sep 16, 8:01 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"DGDevin" wrote:

Since these are the same people who are convinced the govt. wants
to set up death panels to decide when everyone will be allowed to
die, and give away free health care to illegal aliens (the clear
language of the bill notwithstanding) and for that matter that
President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery, I'm not too
concerned with what they believe. Anyone who shows up at a town
hall meeting to screech that they don't want the govt. getting
involved with their Medicare is frankly too dumb to be taken
seriously. It saddens me that the Republican Party has been
reduced to appealing to the fears of ill-informed yahoos, but
that's what it has come to.

Bottom line.....................................

It's "Whitey" based demagogy playing the race card.

Just look at who is playing the "Stop Obama" game.

Yeah, just like the leftists who complained about Colin Powell's and
Condi Rice's support of the Iraq kerfluffel. Those who criticized
were nothing but a bunch of dirt-bag racists who looked only at
color of the proponents and not at the merits of the plan.

Powell pulled his support as soon as he discovered he'd been lied to.
I tend to believe Rice had the hots for Georgie Boy...check out any
photo or video of thems tanding close together and watch her moon
eyeing him.

Another alternate-universe person

"I'm well aware of the role I played. My role has been very, very
straightforward. I wanted to avoid a war. The president agreed with me. We
tried to do that. We couldn't get it through the U.N. and when the president
made the decision, I supported that decision. And I've never blinked from
that. I've never said I didn't support a decision to go to war." Colin
Powell, interview with CNN, Oct 19, 2008.

As for Condi Rice and George Bush, at least Laura didn't have to intercede,
as did Michelle Obama recently when some blonde kept rubbing up against her
husband. I believe her exact words we "Chris Matthews! Back off!"