Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Large spark in CMS motor

"litteratuer" takenonotice@all wrote in message

That makes sense to me.

According to a table I have, for 100 octane gasoline vapor, when mixed
with air, the explosive (flammable) range is from 1.4% to 7.6%.
vapor/air mixture, - a condition which, as you say, would rarely be met.

And rarely is the event that I am talking about. Rarely does not equal
absolutley not, and with millions upon millions of these vehicled out there
you still don't hear of a problem. There has to be a stop gap safe guard
that takes care of those rare situations such as when there is an accident
with a ruptured tank and no explosion by fault of the fuel pump. There are
simply way too many conditions that can and do occour that would create the
right rare situation.