Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Best way to do this

On Sep 28, 11:54*am, Stuart wrote:
In article ,
* *Markndawoods wrote:

Shelves of 3/4 ply, need to have dividers every 2"
..., I ended up buying some 3/16 ply to use. Maybe a mistake.
How would you cut a 3/16 groove in the 3/4 boards? (I need them every
2", making a total of 32 slots)

First measure the thickness of your plywood. 3/16" is nominal and will
vary slightly even with the same sheet. Measure it imperial and metric
then buy a router cutter to suit.

Or get a wobble dado blade and keep fiddling with the dial until
it hits the right thickness of cut. I get better cuts with a table
saw than with small router bits.

Measuring is always good; I like feeler gages for slot-too-wide
determinations.

In any case, the glue in your plywood is gonna gunk the blade; get
a brass brush and suitable cleaner (my preference is lye), you'll
need it to keep the cuts clean.