Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

In message , Derek Geldard
writes:
[]
And with a little stockpiling able to be self sufficient for a lot
longer than we are with no gas or oil or coal now, and would ever be
with windmills, which require a LOT if imported materials to construct them.

The state that this goverment has got this country into, out of
incompetance and rthe need to placate the lily-livered lefties
because they need their vote, I seriously doubt we could maintain a
country full of windmills because we don't have the capability to make
the replacement parts inside the country if ever the chips were down.

Derek

Can we please leave (party) politics out of this one? I'm certainly no
fan of the current lot (have never voted for them in my life), but as
far as energy policy is concerned, neither of the main parties in this
country have shown much promise where it comes to energy policy, nor
show any sign of doing so (or, whatever has to be done will have to be
done whichever of them is in power). I fear that this is because the
majority of them don't understand the problem, and the few that do are
either cynical because of, or hamstrung by, the political system
(short-termism). [The reds - and to some extent the yellows - _do_ have
ties to the greens, though not as great as is alleged, and the blues
probably favour nuclear more than is wise, but both of these slight
biases won't IMO make much difference.]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Hartley's First Law:
You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back,
you've got something.