Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

In message , Paul
Martin writes:
In article ,
J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

I fear the anti-windies are as bad as the pro-windies: complete dislike
(which, I must say, seems to actually approach hate) of wind is as daft
as relying on it.

Subsidising wind power is distorting the market. It's a political move
that smacks of the short term thinking that is endemic in high level
decisions these days.

Agreed. There is some justification for subsidising new technologies
initially, but not when they have reached a certain level - which I
would say wind power has reached. Though I am pro wind, I think it
should compete on an equal basis.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Hartley's First Law:
You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back,
you've got something.