Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Help to mount light on metal pole barn

stryped wrote:
On Sep 28, 9:28 am, dpb wrote:

If you select the proper outdoor box it will have seals and you won't
have the problems other poster talks about.

Would a j box for vinyle siding work?

I suppose you could make it work; don't think it would fit against your
metal siding all that well would it?

I'd use something otoo one of those on this page; specifics would depend
on what the fixture looked like as well as the siding.

As noted, I'd plan on ending up w/ only the one penetration for a short
conduit if there's structure/insulation/whatever behind to get to the
interior cleanly or even just a flanged coupler if only the tin (and
it's heavy-enough gauge to mount to w/o additional support--that depends
on the material and what you're mounting).

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/14-50-weatherproof-boxes.aspx?page=2