Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Large spark in CMS motor

On Sep 28, 8:38*am, "Leon" wrote:
"krw" wrote in message

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:10:33 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"krw" wrote in message
. ..

Nope. Not any more. *The engine controls recycle fumes back to the
tank. *Tanks have been sealed for decades.

Yes the engine compartment does recycle fumes back to the tank but there
is
a lot of AIR that goes with it. *Additionally there are lots of peole
driving around with lost gas caps, check engine lights and all. * And
again,
the tank is not sealed *when you open it up to fill it with gas. *There is
just way too much of a chance of the perfect combination for the electric
motor to set off an explosion if there was not a fool proof way to arrest
the spark. *How that is accomplished even the Olds factory rep could not
explain when I was the service sales manager back in the 80's.

Nonsense. *There is no air in there at all, even without a gas cap the
vapor pressure of the gas will push any out.

Obviousely clueless.

Wrong again. Unlike you, I'm not guessing.