Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On Topic - setting up kill file.

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:41:19 -0700, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

Hi All,
theres getting to be too much cross posting crap of little interest to
me in OZ, so can anyone recommend a kill file program that works with
Firefox - hopefully with simple instructions.... Andrew VK3BFA.

As pointed out, you seem to be using Google Groups. Setting up a kill
file is a function of the newsreader that you use, and I honestly don't
know if Google Groups provides that feature.

If your ISP gives you access to newsgroups you can read them with
Thunderbird, Pan, Agent, or any number of other readers -- I prefer Pan,
Thunderbird is not too bad, Microsoft Outlook Express used to work nice,
and I don't have experience with anything else, really.

Free or very cheap Usenet/News Servers (note that free servers may
experience occasional outages and/or missed posts):

http://www.eternal-september.org [formerly motzarella.org, Free]
http://www.albasani.net [Free, Germany based, very good spam filtering]
http://www.aioe.org [Free, daily postings limited to 25]
http://usenet4all.se [Free, Google Groups filtered]
http://www.news.cis.dfn.de [Free, Germany based]
http://dotsrc.org/usenet [Free, Denmark based, may lack some groups]
http://www.usenet-replayer.com [Free, web-based; posts are relayed]
http://www.x-privat.org/international.php [Free with fee-based options,
may lack some groups]
http://www.teranews.com [One time setup charge, carry some binary
groups]
http://www.bubbanews.com [One time setup charge, fee-based options]
https://www.altopia.com [$6 per yr & up, carry some binary groups]
http://news.datemas.de [5 Euros ($7) per yr, Germany based]
http://www.glorb.com/usenet.php [$10 per yr]
http://news.individual.net [10 Euros ($14) per yr, Germany based, very
good spam filtering]

Metered/"pay by download" servers (preferred by some for economy, binary
access):

http://www.news.astraweb.com
http://usenet-news.net
http://www.octanews.com