Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default On Topic - setting up kill file.

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:41:19 -0700 (PDT), Andrew VK3BFA
wrote:

Hi All,
theres getting to be too much cross posting crap of little interest to
me in OZ, so can anyone recommend a kill file program that works with
Firefox - hopefully with simple instructions....
Andrew VK3BFA.

T'bird didn't have enough filtering capabilities for me, so I finally
switched to Agent. Well worth the cost, and there are plenty of free
newsgroup providers if you don't feel like subscribing to a dedicated
one.

One thing I wish Agent would let me do, though, would be to explicitly
filter out any messages cross-posted to a certain group (like, say,
the "survivalists"). That would help.
Also, it would be nice if Agent would let you export & import your
kill files. That way, you could "borrow" someone's and modify it to
suit your needs.

"Google Groups" is the absolute pits. They are becoming the new
Micro$oft, turning formerly successful sites into garbage. DejaNews
was a good service back when.

Joe