Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 19:24:32 -0600, "SteveB" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:17:50 -0600, "SteveB" wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:44:05 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Stuff snipped. I like my Keltec 3AT because it is very pocketable. Yes,
it
does not have the knockdown power of a larger bullet, but IIRC, lots of
people have been killed by .380 slugs. A guy locally who teaches carry
permit classes carries a Ruger GP 100 with a 4" barrel in a shoulder
harness. Dissed my Keltec big time. Half the people out there can't hit
**** anyway no matter what the caliber, shotguns excluded. I shot 288/300
on qualifying, so I think I could poke a hole in someone if I needed to.
Hell, old mobsters liked the .22's.

Steve

Ayup...mobsters like the 22, particularly when held at the proper point
at the back of the skull and the round fired. A decent knitting needle
does an equivelant job when employed the same way.

If you sneak up on an individual, and shoot him square in the side of
the head with a .380 you will likely kill him. Same if you shoot him
smack dab into the heart, when he is not expecting it. Shooting him
while he is asleep is also good with a .380, as long as you hit a
terminally conclusive zone and you have him pinned down.

On the other hand....most of the individuals you will encounter on the
street are already phyched up, and are in Attack mode. They may have a
nervous system boosted/twisted by illegal chemical agents such as
methamphetamine, PCP, heroin and so forth.

In such cases..,you are not shooting Granny in her rocking chair half
asleep. You are shooting a generally young, vicious animal who intends
to do you harm and with no finess or class or grace, who is likely to be
hyped up on drugs or adrenaline.

Shrug...yes..someone made the case that many thousands of people in
europe died from being shot by the .380. This of course runs along with
the fact that many Hundreds of thousands were shot with the 380, and
damned few of them died in any reasonable period of time..and
frankly...a large number of them were shot in the back of the neck while
handcuffed. Shrug..facts o life.

But go ahead, carry what you are comfortable with. Such is your Right.
And lets hope that you never ever need to use it and if Crom forbid..the
badguy runs away after being shot repeatedly. Rather than runs at you.

Shrug....me..Im a realist and Im going to continue carrying a proper
tool for the job. While driving 16 penny nails..Ill not be using a
jewelers hammer, but a nice corregated face framing hammer. Designed to
do the job without any muss nor fuss. Shrug

One can pull a 20' travel trailer with a Yugo as well. But...it really
doesnt do the job as well as a 3/4 ton pickup truck, does it?

Gunner

What is your gun of choice for carry? Mine is a Mod 60 S&W .357 stainless
w/2" barrel on a Safari paddle holster..

For daily carry...I USUALLY have a modified AMT DAO .45 about my person,
with a Series 70 that Ive carried about for well over 30 yrs, close to
hand, or on me.

When out in the desert..its either a 4" S&W 586..or more recently...and
becoming more fond of it..is a 4" S&W 57, in .41 mag.

Shrug..those are my "normal" everyday weapons..and Im Never far from a
center fire rifle. Typically when out in the World..its a #4 SMLE thats
a bit modified..sporterized and accurized. In more troublesome
areas...its something a bit more potent at range.

Shrug

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.