Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] smandel@stny.rr.com is offline

Default D4R vs Omnijig ?

On Sep 24, 7:53*pm, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

On Sep 23, 7:53 pm, "Leon" wrote:

wrote in message

the gap problem might be a worn bushing

shelloy

Probably not, as he stated that the fingers move.

I understand, but still doubt it. It would take quite a bang (like
dropping it) to bend a finger *The impression I got is that he meant
the fingers wiggle - something I don't understand at all.

Understanding how the "Leigh DT jig" in particular adjusts helps to
understand the problem? *All fingers are infinately adjustable and can be
spaced either directly next to each other or wider apart for wider pins and
tails. *If a finger moves it basically changes the set up spacing. *This
either creates loose fitting pins and tails with gaps or tighter fitting
pins and tails that typically are damaged/crushed when fully seated.

again, thanks for the info. I knew that the fingers were adjustable,
had assumed that in a standard dt setup they would all be next to one
another, and hence couldn't flex independently... wrong assumption!

shelly