Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Large spark in CMS motor

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:25:49 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"krw" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:46:09 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

Even when the tank is "empty" it's not empty. It's full of gasoline
fumes, which without air (oxygen) aren't dangerous at all. ...and
there isn't any air in there either.

Yeah, there is oxygen/air in there, every time you open the tank some gets
in. Besides, the tank would collapse if it were totally sealed, Air has to
displace the disappearing gasoline.

Nope. Not any more. The engine controls recycle fumes back to the
tank. Tanks have been sealed for decades.

The water going through turbines is hardly pure. I doubt water
touches the generator windings themselves.

But gasolinr does on a Gm electric fuel pump. My fuel pump in on my 1975
Olds failed. I dropped the tank and replaced the pump, it is attached to
the tank unit/gas gauge float assembly. I cut it open and the thing was
spottless inside but the brushes were totally worn out. Gasoline went in
one end of the motor and exited on the other. On one end of the motor was
the plastic pump.

Sure. No one was arguing that point. It's hardly dangerous.