Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Scaffolding used in the Medway Area

In message , Unbeliever
writes
John Rumm wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from
Medway when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle
grinding pain off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

Perhaps you should ask for a geography lesson; last time I looked,
Kent was not producing huge native quantities of scaffold quality
bamboo.

Neither does it produce large quantities of steel or aluminum to make metal
scaffolding - but the finished product can be imported into the area! LOL

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Try getting a life.

I think that is his life.... which is probably even sadder!

No John, you life is far sadder than mine with your lack of humour - but it
takes all sorts! ;-)

BTW, 'wooden' scaffold with rope ties *USED* to be use in all parts of this
country - right up to the around the last quarter of the last century - but
as you rightly say, not out of bamboo.

What's wrong with bamboo ?

One of the most versatile building materials around

Light, strong and readily available, it is used all over asia for all
sorts of things. The first major building I saw with bamboo scaffolding
was the US Embassy in Bangladesh, some 20 stories high

I've seen many more since

--
geoff