Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
charles wrote:

No it really happened - but the story only briefly mentions the "back up
diesel generation".

Umm yes: "Various renewable sources distributed around the island have
been incorporated to allow diversity of energy supply, - a 9.9kWp PV
system, three hydro generation systems (6 kW, 6 kW & 100 kW) and a 24
kW wind farm supported by standby diesel generation and batteries to
guarantee continuous availability of power."

I ssupect that last "100kW" is morelikely to be 10kW. There isn't that much
water available.

To me that reads as a system with 112kW of hydro and 34kW of everything
else put together.

I have no problem with Hydro, except there is a lack of sites. Even
with 30% of "other" they have to have batteries and backup diesel;
hardly practical for an entire nation, even if it's fine for 87 people
on a small island.

Wind is OK up to a point; but it's a small point.

Andy

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11