Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Switch off at the socket?

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:06:33 GMT, Zero Tolerance wrote:

Osram 15w (75w equiv) - 900 lumens
Philips 20w (100w equiv) - 1200 lumens

Bloggs 60W (60W equivalent - i. e. a filament bulb) - ? lumens?

Somewhere between 700-900 lumens, according to the first page of a
(not necessarily particularly scientific) google search.

The ones that have a figure(*) in our cupboard are 700 or 710 lumens.
When I was looking in a shop the other day they where also around 700
lumens.

One has to be careful these days with the halogen capsules that are
contained in a traditionally shaped envelope. A 60W one of they would
more light than a 60W normal tungsten filament bulb.

(*) Some are so old they don't have the energy efficiency chart on
let alone proper figures on their performance. We just don't use
tungsten bulbs any more.
--
Cheers
Dave.