Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Large spark in CMS motor

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

Sometimes my old Skil looks like one of those 4th of July sparklers inside
the case.
I don't know if it's normal or healthy... I just know I won't use it
around open cans lacquer or paint thinner. :-)

You would probably do well to not use any thing that sparks around flamable
vapors.
I am still in wonderment having retired from the automotive industry how GM
prevented gas tank explosions. They used submerged electric fuel pumps and
the gasoline literally went through the motor and brushes. No, gas tanks do
not always have gasoline in them so being constantly submerged is not the
answer.