Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.food+drink.misc
PeteBrown PeteBrown is offline

Default Cost of gas to heat upon a kitchen oven?

On 19:02 25 Sep 2009, wrote:

On 25 Sep,
Pete Brown wrote:

I am looking for an approximate figure.

I don't need it accurate to three significant digits. Within
50% or 100% is good enough to give me an idea of cost so I can
compare it to the microwave.

For the first 10 minutes or so it will be working at full rate.

Why not look up the rating in the handbook and calculate from
there? You should have the handbook and service manual if it was
(correctly) installed and commissioned by a corgi (now gas
safe).

I'm sure plenty here can do the calcs if you can't.

Corgi? Of course the cooker doesn't get serviced. :-)

Service manual? The cooker was in the house before I moved in.