Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Kenmore Microwave Oven goes belly up - twice in 2 years.

"RF" wrote in message

I have discovered which oven not to buy but it's a bit late now.
The Model Number is: 72163252301 and, within the warranty, it made a
loud pop, then started a very loud buzzing and finally a smell of
burning plastic. I pulled the cord and brought it back to Sears. A week
later I had it back. That is just about a year ago and it now has

repeated.

Inspect the unit looking for indications its fire safety was
tested by the Underwriters Electrical Laboratory or something
similar. If not, your local fire service may be able to advise
where to send it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs