Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default DIY Bike workstand - any experience?

Hi Peter

The stand that I have is very limited in its usefulness as the clamp
clashes with bottle cage, gear cables etc. and the BB support also fouls
the gear cables. It won't take an aluminium-framed bike as the bike's tubes
are too big. A stand that could take modern bikes would have to be very
versatile.

Yes, but I can arrange the clamp to be compatible with the bikes I'm
going to be using it on...

There are a few American designs out there using 3/4-inch 'threaded
black (iron) pipe'.
This sort of stuff seems to be dirt cheap in the States. Any
suggestions for a cheap alternative over here?

Thanks
J^n