Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Kenmore Microwave Oven goes belly up - twice in 2 years.

RF wrote:
Hi Experts,

I have discovered which oven not to buy but it's a bit late now.
The Model Number is: 72163252301 and, within the warranty, it made a
loud pop, then started a very loud buzzing and finally a smell of
burning plastic. I pulled the cord and brought it back to Sears. A week
later I had it back. That is just about a year ago and it now has repeated.

This oven was very lightly used - not more than 20 mins/day.

If anyone has had this experience I'd appreciate the info. I also note
that the way it is assembled seems to make access more difficult.

Please advise.

Thanks :-)

PS, my last microwave was a GE and it lasted 20 years without repair.
Now you know an idiot when you meet one :-(

Hi,
I always have good luck with Panasonic ones.