Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

There are some examples of the sort of thing I meant here ...

http://www.windandsun.co.uk/Projects...ct-gallery.htm

... from which, although this isn't one of the ones I remember
hearing about previously, it'll certainly do:

http://www.windandsun.co.uk/Projects/eigg.htm

"2008 has seen the Hebridean isle of Eigg literally come out of the
dark ages, with one of the greenest power schemes in the country, a
£1.5m solar, wind and hydro generating station. Eigg residents have
gone from lacking a technology that defines the modern age, to
possessing one that the rest of us are still struggling to develop. It
is an inspiring example."

Its utter bull****, and I bet it was funded by EU grants.

No it really happened - but the story only briefly mentions the "back up
diesel generation".

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11