Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - Bank of America

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

But, the goal of the liberals was achieved: universal home ownership
was achieved.

Sorry, but your account of what happened simply isn't true. You
probably got the fiction from Fox news, or Rush. The real story is far
more interesting. The amount of capital in the world doubled or
tripled within a few short years, while the number of investment
opportunities stayed the same. American home mortgages were the best
investment around, and the world's money demanded more of them. The
only way for mortgage brokers to increase the supply, was to relax the
standards for qualification. And relax they did. It was pure
capitalistic greed, not idealism, that drove us into the dirt.

I'm with you, Smitty Two. It just isn't any good for a pinco like me to
throw money away. Responsible finances are a must. You can't afford it?
Don't get it as a homeowner, and also don't give it as a bank. I don't
buy it as a Clinton imperative at all.

--
Best regards
Han