Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Large spark in CMS motor

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:001c03e2$0$24199
:

"Puckdropper" wrote:

When using my Kobalt CMS, I notice a large spark from the motor
compartment
when I turn off the saw. Sometimes it looks like it fills the whole
compartment. Is this a sign the brushes need replaced?

Good place to start.

Might not be seated properly.

Lew

I took the brushes out, blew out the sawdust in the brush chambers and
put them back. The big spark is gone, and I think I picked up a little
missing speed.

I'll have to add that to the occasional maintenance list. It only takes
about 2 minutes.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking