Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default D4R vs Omnijig ?

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Swingman" wrote
No thanks ... nothing in your argument is new to me as I've used that
rationale on cabinet _doors_ for years, but made the decision a long time
ago to draw the line at drawers, and always will.

You reach a point where you take away too much of the "by hand" aspect of
the work and you end up with the problem Tom Plaman had when he switched
to using a CNC on some of his carvings ... he found out quickly it was the
"by hand" aspect his clients wanted, not the product of something that was
merely a convenience to him.

My kitchens are not the fanciest, and far from the best out there, but
they sell themselves, and, more often then not, a house or two ... and I'm
still building them in today's economic climate.

--

Would a new (or different brand) dovetail jig be a solution for your
"creeping fingers" problem? It seems that if this jig did a good job in the

Hell NO, Lee!! There is NO problem now because this last batch of
drawers are made, installed, the kitchen turned over to the client already!

There is NO problem ... until next time. g

And, like I said, I won't have time to deal with it until then.

(but you're right ... I do need to contact Leigh, RSN)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08