Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default D4R vs Omnijig ?

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:47:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

dpb wrote:

It's been _a_long_time_ (tm ) since I did production work for pay and
don't intend to return but I'm virtually positive that any more I'd
simply buy drawer boxes rather than hand cut them (even w/ fixed jig).
Just too many competitive choices these days...

You can indeed get away with that if you use drawer slides that work on
the "opening less 1"" principle, but try it with under mount slides like
Hettichs, where the drawer has to be built specifically to the slides
specs and with close tolerances, and you would be doing nothing but
creating installation problems that would take far more time to resolve
than making the drawers themselves.

Swing: Try these guys. They're the real deal. I've bought a lot
from them in the past. They stay on spec and on time.

http://www.conestogawood.com/

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/