Posted to rec.woodworking

Default D4R vs Omnijig ?

Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90807-1820.jpg

The results you are showing there are way better than any that I was ever
getting, even after multiple weekends of futzing about with the jig, wood,
etc.

... but takes a bit too much time futzing with the problem to get the
desired result for a small production shop, and that's a smaller than
usual run.

While lacking the infinite variability, I'm really sold on the Akeda as
requiring significantly less fiddling to get really good joints. Maybe the
Leigh I got was somehow defective, but it just never got me the joints I
wanted.

Rob Leatham