Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Vise grips tools

William Wixon wrote:

(...)

i recently bought 4 of those pincer kind of vice grips, i bit the bullet and
"bought american". vice grip brand. it "hurt" but i share your opinion,
they work better.

I used three of the little pincer style 'grips yesterday to duplicate
a wire 'bail' used as part of an enclosure clamp.

Use one 'grip to clamp the replacement wire in parallel with the model,
bend the replacement wire and use the second 'grip to fix it in place
on the model, right at the position of the subsequent bend.
Make the next bend and fix that in place with the third 'grip.
Make the next bend and move the first 'grip to fix the wires in
parallel at the position of the next bend.
Keep bending and moving clamps until you have the right shape.
Trim the ends and you are done. I made two wire bails in about 10
minutes using this method. They both work perfectly.

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.