Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default DIY Bike workstand - any experience?

Hi all
I'm starting to think about building a bike workstand - the sort
of thing with a pivoting frame clamp so that it's easy to turn the
bike upside down or at an angle for easier working. Before I go too
far down the design road, has anyone done anything like this and is
willing to share how they did it? I don't like reinventing, erm, the
wheel...

I don't currently have any welding equipment so was originally
thinking of making something out of wood with metal fittings ... but
it might be a good 'excuse project' to set myself up with some cheap
welding gear ;-) ...

Thanks

J^n