Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Harbor Freight vs. Home depot

On Sep 25, 8:56�am, "desgnr" wrote:
How does Harbor Freight tools rate compared to Home depot tools ?
I am currently looking for a coordless drill driver capable of driving a 3"
screw into a 2" x 4" stud.
Any recomendations appreciated.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

As you can see by all the responses that there are many opinions. You
have to ask yourself how much you are going to use it. If you plan on
using it 8 hours a day, get a corded drill. If you are only using it a
couple hours a day, get a cordless. You'll probably find that the
drill will outlast the batteries before having to replace the drill.

It seems to me that my Ryobi batteries last much longer and run longer
than the Craftsman, Firestorm and another cheapie brand I have. The
Ryobi wasn't that much more and I would buy another. I can also use
the batteries in the other Ryobi tools I have. But, none of them will
withstand everyday use.

Hank