Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Extension ladder reach

Tom wrote:
I tore off the siding on my house. The back was/is ~ 16' up to the
eves. I already had the little giant knockoff at Lowes for $160 on
sale. Folded in half, shaped like letter A, the top rung is at 9 feet.
I then bought 6 pcs of 2x4x12ft. Stood the 2x4x12's on end about 2'
apart (all 4 pieces form a square) then cut-up the 5th and 6th piece
into braces and screwed them all together. Now I have a "tower" with a
support at 9' high. Now I took my extension ladder, laid down
horizontally between the tower and little giant knockoff and I have a
scaffold that I don't rent. I used my 8' A frame ladder to climb up
and onto the scaffold. I used hand truck to move scaffold all around
yard. I don't feel comfortable with pump jacks so this is an excellent
and reliable/safe system. HTH, Tom

I think I'll take a couple ladders and ladder jacks and a plank for that job.