Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Extension ladder reach

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Nonsense. Aluminum is fine. What you don't want is a cheap aluminum
ladder. The heavier ones (Type 1A?) are plenty strong and stiff. My
32' Aluminum ladder is getting kind of heavy for me to put up by
myself these days, but it's plenty secure when extended.

I have a light weight 20' ladder (Type III?) which is great for
quick jobs when not fully extended, but way floppy when near its
limit.

One reason you might not want an aluminum ladder is if there is any
possibility that wires will be involved. This includes portable
power tools or whacking the ladder into the power companied feeder
lines.

The power lines to my house are well insulated, then wrapped around the
supporting ground wire.