Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default OT - painting tip. Roller painting, that is.

I tried one several years ago and really liked it. Worked just as
advertised. A little more clean up, but well worth it with water soluble
paints.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:54:24 -0400, the infamous Bob Engelhardt
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Figure a longer cleanup time, since they're more expensive so you'll
want to take better care of them.

Especially at first. Then complacency will set in.

It's then that you made the famous discovery:

Instant Gratification Takes Too Long.

My secret weapon for paint speed is a paint stick. I LOVE these
things! $20, and will pay for itself the first job.
http://www.homeright.com/showcat.asp?cat=1

I'm always leery of those kinds of things. They never seem to work as
well as you expect. And have gotcha's, like having to buy their covers,
'cause they're perforated. And the manual has 14 steps to cleaning it.

The paint sticks take a little longer to clean due to the extra parts,
and you lose an extra ounce or two of paint, but they speed up the
painting so much that it's cheaper to the client to buy a paint stick
and let you throw it away after the job, or let them clean it. Covers
are $6 instead of $2, but I've successfully reused them for a year, a
whole interior's worth. shrug

Tips: Keep the little rubber valve clean. Denatured or rubbing alcohol
cleans it nicely. That's the only drawback I've had with these things
over the past 7 years.

-- George Bernard Shaw