Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Extension ladder reach

"Bob F" wrote in message
Nonsense. Aluminum is fine. What you don't want is a cheap aluminum

ladder. The
heavier ones (Type 1A?) are plenty strong and stiff. My 32' Aluminum

ladder is
getting kind of heavy for me to put up by myself these days, but it's

plenty
secure when extended.

I have a light weight 20' ladder (Type III?) which is great for quick jobs

when
not fully extended, but way floppy when near its limit.

One reason you might not want an aluminum ladder is if there is any
possibility that wires will be involved. This includes portable power tools
or whacking the ladder into the power companied feeder lines.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.