Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight vs. Home depot

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
desgnr wrote:
How does Harbor Freight tools rate compared to Home depot tools ?
I am currently looking for a coordless drill driver capable of driving a
3" screw into a 2" x 4" stud.
Any recomendations appreciated.

My Black and Decker Fire Storm 18V drives 3, 4, 6 inch drywall/deck screws
no problem. I have learned to buy square head screws. Much easier to keep
the screw turning where Phillips will slip and strip too easy with high
torque on long screws. Also helps to pre-drill the holes.

And it helps to coat the screws with beeswax, too. But then, when you go
through all that, you coulda had a real drill.

Steve