Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Extension ladder reach

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news

When I was a kid we hired the local house painter and he had the tallest
damn extension ladder I've ever seen. It must've been close to forty
feet. He'd scamper up that thing and paint as much as he could reach.
Then he'd grab the rails and throw his body weight away from the house
to release the top edges, and jerk it to one side about three or four
feet. A bit more painting, then do the same to the other side.

If the paint fumes didn't get the guy then the inevasible oops will.

Do not try this at home folks!

This is why they make scaffolds.

--
Roger Shoaf