Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_2_] LouB[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Bank of America

Master Betty wrote:

"LouB" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
No need to complain about interest rates. Just arrange for an
automatic deduction of the statement balance from your bank account
every month. This will give you the convenience of credit cards (no
need to carry cash) plus 30 days grace in paying bills, plus getting
a 1% to 3%rebate on all charges. If you cannot pay your balance
every month, you should not have a credit card.

I've heard the cash back argument but I do almost all my major
shopping at Costco where we already get 2% back and they don't take
credit.

I always use my debit card and the bank offers some consumer
protection with ours.

I think credit cards can work well for those who use them wisely.
Unfortunately, the banks appear to be playing the odds.

If you are a Costco member you can get a FREE Amex card.
And the executive card only costs $50 more and is guaranteed to pay
for itself.

Lou

We've been exec members for many years now. We've been members since
1994. I do miss the old days when they sent the money back in a check.

I was reading some comments on Costco and people were saying "It's worth
it for the food court". We get ALL of our major purchases. I bought and
sold four houses through them. Now that's a deal! It WAS almost like
stealing. (I say "was" because the market isn't what it used to be.) I
think we did 2 of my wife's cars through Costco too.

Credit Cards: I just don't like messing with the "no credit card "
philosophy in my family, but if it becomes a "Gotta do it Hi." thing,
I'll reconsider it then. Right now, I don't encourage any debits....if
you know what I mean. It's worked really well for us. I paid cash for 7
days in Rome in November through Costco... You just have to love that
place.

Yup!!