Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
mickgeyver mickgeyver is offline

Default What can I do to keep this board from warping?

I'm trying to make a 10x scope probe that is capable of dealing with
slightly higher voltage levels of about +/- 20v yet at a high
impedance ~20Meg. This link "http://picasaweb.google.com/
UncleAltheKiddiesPal/Probe?feat=directlink" has some photo's showing
the probe and board warpage. The board was made from double sided
0.020-inch stock etched with a PCB milling machine (perhaps part of
the problem). It is (obviously) hand assembled. I would appreciate
any tips or techniques that I could use to keep this board from
turning into a potato chip during assembly.

Thank you.

al