Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT - painting tip. Roller painting, that is.

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:06:49 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:
Have you looked at/tried the Wagner Power Rollers?

I've heard that they work well, but have no experience with
them myself.

Funny you should mention them. When I knew that I had a whole apt to
do, I thought about the Wagner & went online to find out about them.
There was near unanimous opinion that they stunk. I forget the particulars.

It was during that search that I also got sheep's wool cover
recommendations.

Bob

This is from Amazon, most of the reviews were okay. Biggest
bitch is clean-up, which sucks with any kind of painting
that I have done/tried (rattle-can is the simplest G).

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Product...owViewpoints=1

But I don't think that model is available anymore. The
current model (990) has a much poorer review:

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-514001-...DateDescending

It sounds like the newer version has some plastic parts that
break pretty easy. Who woulda-thunk that ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b