Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default OT - Bank of America

"Master Betty" wrote in message

I cut up all my credit cards and haven't used one since. We only have our
mortage and a small car loan left.

You are missing an easy opportunity to have a credit card company give you
hundreds of dollars of free money each year.

I have an AmEx Blue Cash card, which gives me a 5% rebate on groceries, gas,
and prescription drugs, and 1.25% on everything else. I pay in full each
month, get a free grace period, don't write any checks, don't have to carry
around cash, and once per year I get a credit on my account of many many
hundreds of dollars. I have a VISA that gives a 1% rebate when a merchant
doesn't accept AmEx, and I get that rebate credit the next month.

I always pay in full each month.

The credit card company is paying me to use their card.

Of course others use cards in this manner that give other types of rewards
(ie airline miles). My father's card is through the same bank as his
mortgage, so his card rebate goes right toward extra principal payment on
his mortgage.

I can't imagine why anyone who is creditworthy would not take advantage of
this opportunity rather than do what you are doing.