Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry C Larry C is offline

Default DIY powered respirator?

wrote in message
On Sep 25, 1:02 pm, "james" wrote:
Simple paper dust mask is leaky and uncomfortable for me, and the leaks
also
fogs up the goggle.

Powered respirator (PAPR) cost too much. Is there a DIY plan for making
one?
It looks like some sort of fan plus a dust mask should do the job. Picking
the right fan and dust mask is the tricky part.

I think I could come up with something involving a windowbox fan, some
leftover plexi, a few feet of shop vac hose and a long extension
cord.

Want me to give it a try over the weekend?

Spend the money, if you make your own and it doesn't work - you could die.

Larry C