Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Vise grips tools

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:12:38 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus24590
scrawled the following:

On 2009-09-25, Randy wrote:
Looks like vise grips will be made in China now, the complete factory
is up for auction. I emailed Irwin to see what they say. Let's
see if they reply.

I saw that auction too.

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/event.php?event=8079

Maybe they wil be made in India. I think that Harbor Freight
vise-grips will now be better value for the money.

Have they fixed the quality problem with the adjuster screw stop yet?
I kept having the stops go away with early vice grips from HF, where
the actuator rod bypassed the stop and stuck itself between the rolled
housing and the adj screw.

-- George Bernard Shaw