Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.food+drink.misc
Pete Brown Pete Brown is offline

Default Cost of gas to heat upon a kitchen oven?

On 13:43 25 Sep 2009, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:53:32 +0100, Pete Brown wrote:

If the dial goes round 140 times for each time the digit
advances then it's no wonder my gas meter was useless when I
tried to see how much gas it took to heat up the oven.

Didn't you say it took 1 revolution of the dial for one oven
heating?

That is 0.017ft^3 gas consumed, find your bill and do the maths.

Simples.

I *thought* it was almost one revolution because the digit hadn't
changed. Now I realise it could have been anything up to 140
revolutions.

I would have to watch the rotary dial like a lynx throughout the
heating up period to get a reading. Ughhhh!