Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default Extension ladder reach

Smitty Two wrote:

When I was a kid we hired the local house painter and he had the tallest
damn extension ladder I've ever seen. It must've been close to forty
feet. He'd scamper up that thing and paint as much as he could reach.
Then he'd grab the rails and throw his body weight away from the house
to release the top edges, and jerk it to one side about three or four
feet. A bit more painting, then do the same to the other side.

I painted a house off of a 40 ft extension ladder one time. It worked
out well, but I sure didn't do anything like that. I just painted
as much as I could reach, then climbed down and move the ladder. It
took me a year. I started in July. I would come home from work,
put the ladder up and paint for an hour or 2. When it started
cooling off in October I laid off for the winter and started over
in May. Of course I didn't do it for a living.

Bill