Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT furniture repair - conclusion

clipped

OK, this is finally done. I spent a great deal of time waffling on how
to do it, and I appreciate all the good suggestions I got here. I'm sure
the purists will cringe, but I went with the aluminum angle. I'm much
more comfortable with metal than I am with wood.

I had the pieces black anodized and put them in with black oxide screws.
The screws (#8 x 7/8) really sucked everything up tight. I did have to
drive a couple of them at an angle to keep them from running into each
other.

Repair: http://members.cox.net/prestwich/8t.jpg

Table: http://members.cox.net/prestwich/6t.jpg

Nice job, gorgeous table, pretty yard. Tks for the update.