Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJ AJ is offline

Default Loft insulation and electrics

In article ,
says...

"RobertL" wrote

Also, are you required to uprate the loft insulation just becuase you
are reroofing, or is it voluntary?

Robert

Are building control involved in the roof replacement?
If not then I guess you can upgrade the insulation when you like.
If they are, then they will want to see all elements upto current regs IME.

Phil

Apparently, a re-roof of more than 25% of the roof area required
building regs. And, because of that, you're required to increase the
insulation 'where practical'. Which I clearly can, since I've currently
got none.

So, I'm expected to put 280mm (270mm?) of insulation in, otherwise the
works won't get signed off and I won't get a completion certificate.