Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Loft insulation and electrics

"RobertL" wrote

Also, are you required to uprate the loft insulation just becuase you
are reroofing, or is it voluntary? It might be important if you want
to use the aded insulation as mitigation to some other work in the
house that reduces the thermal insulation. You can only play the
"improved loft insulation" card once. In my case I am delaying teh
loft insulation until we do the kitchen extension in case I want to
use it in mitigation for putting more than the standard amount of
window in the extension.

Robert

Are building control involved in the roof replacement?
If not then I guess you can upgrade the insulation when you like.
If they are, then they will want to see all elements upto current regs IME.

Phil